Blogger extraordinaire J.J. Bennett, who juggles four blogs – a chick flix blog Chick Plix, a blog for her WIP (work in progress) YA (young adult) book The Path, a blog for her Middle School library, and her main blog Jennifer J. Bennett – has sweetly bestowed the Kreativ Blogger award on Ink Spells, and had this to say about moi:
Susan Quinn over at Ink Spells has some great finds on middle grade readers. She’s clever and can do just about anything. She’s my hero!
After recovering from a debilitating head rush caused by furious blushing, I realized that J.J. works in a Middle School Library, which makes me glow with happiness that she thinks I’m off to a good start here with finding great books for kids. Thanks J.J.! And I soon discovered the Kreativ Blogger award has some rules that go with it. Being a dutiful rule follower, I nervously complied, just sure there was some blogger-ninja-secret that, as a blogger neophyte, was going to trip me up. Badly. Ok, here goes:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog. Well, that was easy. Maybe this won’t be so bad.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. That was even easier!
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don’t know. Drat. I knew this was going to get hard.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to. Just seven?
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers. Check!
6) Notify your 7 bloggers. Aye-aye, Captain, but 4-6 will have to wait their turn until tomorrow.
Alright, 7 things you (probably) don’t know about me:
- I have an irrational love for Star Trek, for which there is no known cure.
- I’m secretly plotting have my children talk my husband into getting 2 cats. Because writing requires cats.
- I once hung out at the test pilot’s bar at the NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility. Yes, NASA has a bar. I swear I was 21 at the time.
- I would sleep until 10 a.m. if I could, but somehow that never happens.
- The best ice cream is Rocky Road, and I don’t care what that says about my psychological profile.
- If it has to be dry cleaned, it’s a short term visitor in my closet.
- Tea, never coffee, and please don’t pollute it. Just tea, the way God intended.