This is all kinds of funny people.
I did some very unlady-like begging to get this award, just so I could pass it on to my manly blogger-type friends.
Check out the crew (Master Jedi Zack, Darth Corder, and Carl) at Boys Rule Boys Read! blog, who are the creators of this fab award. The trio is funny, and get-out crazy for boys and books. What could be better?
Because, really, could I give my manly blogger friends this?
This is in no way sexist, it is simply a style issue. And all my blogger friends are wicked smart, delightfully funny, and crazy charming, and deserving of awards. Now I have one to pass on to my favorite ones of the manly variety. If I gave you an award before, it doesn’t count, because this one is BETTER!
As per Carl’s instructions, part of accepting a Manly Sweaty Doll Blogger Award requires that you answer at least 4 of these questions (and I will do so, in spite of the fact that I do not sweat, I perspire):
Tell a couple of things about yourself, the name of your favorite guy book, your favorite sports moment, favorite MANLY MAN movie, favorite manly music, and your Favorite Food With No Nutritional Value.
1. I can rewire the light switch and not injure anyone, including myself.
2. I saw the original Star Wars (Ep4) in the theatre. 33 times.
3. Favorite Food with No Nutritional Value: Raspberry Zingers, preferrably frozen.
4. Favorite MANLY MAN movie: Any James Bond, but preferrably with Sean Connery. I mean it’s Sean Connery. *swoon* Eh, sorry.
5. Favorite Guy Book: Definitely the Percy Jackson series. Before that Harry Potter owned me. Before that anything Heinlein wrote.
Check out these manly bloggers. You won’t regret it.
Free The Princess: To Matthew, for his love of steampunk, his secret desire to be an engineer (you know you do!), and his wonderfully insightful blog postings on all things writerly.
Bane’s Blogging Blues: To Bane, for his constant wit, the fact that he is an engineer, and his willingness to geek out without (much) apology.
The Alchemy of Writing: To Ink, for his achingly beautiful prose, his rapier wit, and for being daddy to Baby Ink, the cutest little guy to join the blogosphere.
My Daley Rant: To Rick, for his non-stop funny, for writerly help, and for the zany kid stories he shares on his blog.