Blogger awards are a lovely way to show appreciation for our blogging friends, but these two awards in particular resonate with me.
Dictionary.com: Versatile 1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
Being someone who has dabbled in many different fields, versatile is a nice way of describing someone who just can’t make up her mind what she wants to do with her life. 🙂 Seriously, I appreciate the love on this one, and it feels like it fits!
So thank you to Amanda for bestowing upon me the Versatile Blogger Award! Amanda is an aspiring writer who also wants to be an agent (so get on her good side now). 🙂 I also received this award from the very awesome Laura Kaye (check out her books!). And I must really be versatile, because just today I was handed another one of these awards by Cynthia Reese, who is as Southern as Sweet Tea, and just as nice. She’s also a published author, if you’re looking for a summertime romance, as well as a hilarious Twitter follow.
Now, I’m supposed to tell you seven true things about myself, but because I like to bend the rules (I’m ornery that way – that’s a true fact), I’m going to tell you EIGHT. However, one is false. Leave a comment if you think you know which one. This isn’t a contest for my 100+ followers (yay!) – I’m still dreaming up something awesome for that.
Seven (Maybe) True Things about Me:
1. I can calculate the re-entry speed of the space shuttle, but I can’t run my new TV.
2. I was once an assistant to brain researchers at UCLA, transcribing data on pithed monkeys.
3. I took six years of piano lessons, but Worm Burner (9yo) plays better than I do.
4. My husband proposed to me at 2000′ in a hot air balloon, but I was so afraid of dropping the ring that I made him unwrap it and put it on me.
6. I once drove six hours in the middle of the night to watch a pre-dawn Space Shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral. The launch was scuttled.
7. I have an unnatural fear of deep water. It doesn’t matter if it’s a clear water pool, if it’s over my head, I’m certain there’s something down there that wants to eat me.
8. I could never live in Seattle, because I require I certain number of sunny days to stay mentally balanced. Either because I was raised in So. California, or because I’m some kind of plant-human hybrid.
While that was fun, perhaps my most favorite award so far is the Blog of Substance award from Big Fat Mama! I’m never happier than when I’m making people think! For this award, I’m supposed to sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience in 5 words. My top 5 labels on the left are:
Book Reviews (27)
Ages 10-12 (25)
Ages 8-10 (22)
Hey, how did silliness make that list? Must be the cats.
p.s. Still looking for guest bloggers for the summer! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.