Before you scour the interwebs trying to decide how to publish, indie or otherwise.
Before you take the leap, make sure you know this:
What are you in this for?
To paraphrase Steven Covey (7 Habits of Highly Effective People):
It doesn’t matter how fast you climb if you’re tackling the wrong hill.
A Mission Statement is your compass, pointing you toward the true-north of your core values. A Five Year Plan is the map of the terrain you have to cross to get there. The next section, Taking the Road Less Traveled, talks about ginning up the courage to take the trek.
- A girl in a telepathic world who has to mind-control everyone she loves to fit in.
- A man who collects life-energy debts in a cruel world that decides who is worthy of living and dying.
- A boy and a runaway faery battle to remain on earth – but there’s only one body for their two souls.
- A girl pretends to marry for love in order to stop a war.
- A boy who wants to be a machine because they’re better – at everything – than humans.