- Bryon Quertermous – developmental editing, copy editing, proofreading
Bryon Q is my long-standing editor, and he edits most of SKQ’s books. He has a background in traditional publishing and is a published author himself. He’s familiar with a wide range of genres, and he has very reasonable rates.
- Steven Novak – cover design
Steven is my go-to guy for many of SKQ’s covers and all of Penname’s covers. I’ve worked with him for years, and he’s designed a wide range of genres of covers – for me and many others.
- D. Robert Pease – cover design, interior design, formatting, website design
Dale has been with me from the beginning, and I’ve used every single one of his services. He designed the cover/interior for my first indie book (Open Minds) and we’ve been working together ever since. He’s also recently set up this website, my regular SKQ website, and Penname’s as well. Most of my Singularity and Mindjack covers are his. Dale is also an author himself.
- David Gatewood – developmental editing, line editing, copy editing
David has only edited a couple of my short works for anthologies, but I very much enjoyed his work. I highly recommend him.
- Adam Heine – developmental editing, line editing, copyediting
Adam is a long-standing critique partner of mine. His insights into storytelling and command of craft always take my novels to a higher level. He’s recently started an editing business, and I highly recommend him. He’s also a published author.
- A Little Red, Inc. – macro, copy editing, proofreading, final pass
Erynn and Bethany are also long-standing author-friends who have their own works published but also went into the editing business (a while ago now). They were critique partners of mine, and I can attest to their keen eye in bring out the best of your story.
The above freelancers are ones I can personally recommend – either I have extensive personal knowledge of their work in the past or I’m currently working with them (or both). But finding the right editor or cover designer is a personality fit as much as experience and recommendation. The following page has an extensive list of recommended editors, cover designers, and more – and the name of each person making the recommendation is included!
- See more Freelance Service Providers here (I haven’t used these personally but each is recommended by other (named) indie authors)