This dynamic video brings Author and Rocket Scientist Susan Kaye Quinn (Ph.D. Engineering) into your classroom, sharing her background in science and engineering and talking about her book, Faery Swap, where warrior faeries steal mathematical knowledge from humans to enhance their magickal faery powers. Then she shows how humans use math in the real world to do amazing things… even without magick to help them.
- 2 minute book trailer – get kids excited about the book (in class, in the school library, over the announcements)
- 9 minute Virtual Author Visit video – for a Common Core aligned unit using Faery Swap in the classroom
- Teacher’s Guide (discussion questions, activities)
- Knowledge Seekers card-based game for use in classroom
- One page summary on how Faery Swap is aligned with Common Core
- Get FREE ebooks (or classroom discounts on print books) – contact me at susankayequinn at comcast dot net
Discussion Questions, Cause and Effect, Character Analysis