Write more or write better?
The answer, of course, is both.
Which is why Tools for Writing Better (posting separately) is the conjoined twin of this blog post.
1) Even if I don’t meet target, I’m still writing. Those words add up
2) I have three zero days in there on days when I had emotional turmoil in my life; keeping my life balanced is critically important to keeping my writing balanced.
3) Even with all that red, I still wrote 17,000 words in two weeks!
Conclusion: stay on an even keel and writing every day will add up fast.
- Let go of the guilt – it’s only going to hold you back.
- Let go of the people holding you back – or at least let go of the need for their approval or support.
- Gather people and support systems around you to make it all work. Outsource everything you can except the creative work and loving your family- those are the only two things that you alone can do.